Blog > Some thoughts on evaluating Eco Suppliers
With so many companies claiming to be green, how do you evaluate their offerings to ensure that you avoid green washing? In this blog, we've put down some key points that you should consider.
1. Gather product specification sheets
2. Does the manufacturer or supplier have an environmental policy statement?
3. What track record does the supplier have re environmental and safety issues? Have they paid any fines in the last five years?
4. Can all the environmental claims be verified?
5. Has the supplier implemented an energy or water efficiency program following a comprehensive audit?
6. Has the supplier conducted a comprehensive waste audit and what waste reduction programs have been implemented?
7. Does the supplier have ISO 14001 certification?
In our next blog, we'll consider product performance...
Please come and visit our Eco Shop at www.greenbuying.co.uk to source environmentally friendly business supplies at keen prices!
by GreenBuying.co.uk | 7 November 2010