Greenbuying

Call us on 0800 254 0995

Call us on 0800 254 0995

Basket

Total: £0.00

BASKET (0)
Product Search
Twitter Twitter LinkedIn
Ethical Telecoms
Mickey

Green Gas has made the headlines this week - it has reached a milestone whereby it supplies 1 million UK households. According to the G...

According to a new survey published yesterday, 30th June 2008, public sector purchasers are struggling to implement best practice 'green buying'.

Bravosolution investigated the views of 107 procurement professionals at the recent Procurement Solutions Exhibition. Amongst the key findings only 21 per cent feel their current sourcing strategy is very eco-friendly, whilst the remaining 79 per cent feel there is room for improvement or that they're not eco friendly at all.

Amongst the reasons cited for the poor uptake of green purchasing decisions included a lacking of investment and senior level support. Green Buying consultant David Brown commented 'these findings back up what we already know about procurement in the UK.'

David added 'there has been a significant increase in environmental awareness in the last few years. However, taking an informed strategic approach to procurement is still difficult. Organisations need the support in making decisions that will save reduce their impact but support other objectives such as providing best value and promoting community benefits.'

Matthew Roper, Green Buying managing director added 'organisations need support to embed sustainability into their business. At Green Buying we understand this can be difficult that's why we work with organisations on an individual basis to meet their specific needs.'

To find out more contact Green Buying on info@greenbuying.co.uk or telephone 0845 217 8995

Article Date: 01 July 2008

News Archive

To view articles in our archive please click here.