GreenBuying.co.uk's commitment to privacy
1. The information we collect and how we use it
When you request information, make enquiries or order green products from our website we need to know your name, postal address, e-mail address. We also request you provide further optional information such as telephone numbers, your job title, and the name of your company.
We gather this information to allow us to provide services to you and to ensure any order is smoothly processed. We will never sell your personal information to a third party or share your personal information with any third party unless they are involved in the provision of our services.
With your consent we may wish to provide you with information about special features of our website or any other service or products we think may be of interest to you.
Our GDPR Compliance Statement
With the GDPR law coming into force on 25th May 2018, here is GreenBuying.co.uk's statement of compliance starting from that date:
- We will only hold a limited amount of personal data (i.e. name, email address, phone number, company name, job role, delivery and billing address). We do not hold any credit card/debit card numbers as these are held securely by our third-party payment providers, Sage (Protx).
- We limit the physical storage locations of customer data. We have a single offline CRM database server (so it cannot be hacked) and a small number of prospect/client excel spreadsheets held on a single work PC. This PC has up-to-date Anti-Virus Software. Emails containing orders received on the site containing personal data is also received on a single mobile phone device.As soon as the email has been read it is deleted from the mobile phone and no personal data is stored on the phone once read.
- We seek to maintain the accuracy of customer data being held and will not hold personal data for longer than necessary; the validation process involves: at least once every 12 months (including at a point prior to GDPR go-live date), we make contact with the individuals held on our database by email or by phone and validate that a) the data we hold is accurate and b) that the individual remains happy that we hold their contact details on our internal records database for a further 12 months.
- Via our chosen email marketing tool, Mailchimp, we will also request opt-in when making contact by marketing email, providing the recipient with the request to opt-in, at which point if confirmation is not received of opt-in we will delete the record from our database as well as Mailchimps own cloud server within 30 days (to provide sufficient time for us to administer the deletion). Prior to receiving our email once a year, you can opt-out of receiving any further email or phone contact by sending us a blank e-mail message with subject title DELETE MY RECORDS to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage in order to help us develop the website and our services and may provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify any individual.
2. Your payment details
After you have submitted your delivery information and the total amount of the order, including shipping costs, has been calculated and displayed you will asked which payment method you prefer, either corporate credit/debit card or via account. If the former, you will be prompted to go to Protx secure online payment processing site to provide your payment details and to complete the order. Protx will then debit your account appropriately in accordance with your order and notify us of your authorised payment. If the latter, you will be required to complete the Registration form (via "Register"). We will then review your registration form and email you confirmation without delay to enable you to start purchasing through the site once we've completed credit checks.
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computers hard drive. You have choices with respect to cookies. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is sent, or to reject all cookies.
We also collect your IP address. An IP address is a data structure understood by the internet which uniquely identifies your computer so that information can be sent to your computer to enable you to view webpages. We use your computers IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website.
4. How we protect your information
The internet is not a secure medium. However we have put in place various security procedures as set out in this policy. Your information is physically held in a secure hosting facility and internet access is protected by port filtering routers.
We also keep your information confidential. Our internal procedures cover the storage, access and disclosure of your information.
5. Sale of business
If this business or any part of it, is sold or integrated with another business your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business or any part thereof.
6. Updating your details
If any of the information that you have provided to us changes, for example if you change your e-mail address, job title or if you wish to be removed from our client database, please let us know by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or by sending a letter to GreenBuying.co.uk, 55 Hales Road, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire GL52 6SL
7. Your consent
Owing to the global nature of the Internet infrastructure, the information you provide may be transferred in transit to countries outside the European Economic Area that do not have similar protections in place regarding your data and its use as set out in this policy. However, we have taken the steps outlined above to try to improve the security of your information. By submitting your information you consent to these transfers.
8. Links to other websites
9. How to contact us